Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gwen on the Run

P1020148

This fall Gwen joined an afterschool running club - Girls on the Run. We thought it would be a good way to meet new friends in our school, but none of us were too sure about the running part. Gwen ran all season with her big ‘ole cast and got it off just in time for the big race in November. I loved this program that taught life lessons along with running. They had weekly lessons on positive thinking, peer pressure, body image… but most of all they had a blast together!

P1020150

The race was huge – 600 girls plus parents and coaching running. Gwen was so cool about it all, I love to see my kids try new things with more confidence than I have as an adult.

P1020153

Cute friends.

P1020155

Not in it to win it, but they kept moving and smiling the whole time! Can’t wait until the spring season!

2 comments:

Kimberli said...

Camilla joined an after-school running club this year too. She had such a great time and I was super impressed with the ladies who put it on for the kids. I love the little tutu's Gwen and the other girls are running.

Oh, and the picture of your family is beautiful!!! We love you guys. Thanks for posting pictures and happenings. It helps me feel closer to you.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Way to go Gwen. I am super impressed.