Monday, November 21, 2011

Road Trip

P1020016   P1020014

VA to CO to UT to NE to VA. Old school style (notice no electronic devices?!). I like this picture of the kids because it accurately captures their travel personalities. Grace is occupied with her toes for hours on end, Gwen must be eating or drinking at ALL times and of course, Noah is harassing Ryan in the back seat.

P1020024   P1020026P1020027   P1020028

Is there a better way to stretch your legs during a long travel day than 4 wheeler rides with Uncle Alan? It was so fun to pit stop in Rangely, CO to visit Jared’s sister, Alison. I just love the big smile on Alan’s face after scaring Gwen to death during her turn.

 P1020017          

      P1020020

Beautiful Colorado! The weather and the mountains were absolutely gorgeous while we were there. Took a great hike with cousins in the mountains and ate lots of cherries (thanks to my awesome sister Cori for the pics of Grace). My kids are incredibly lucky to have great grandparents, not to mention great grandmas who will swim and play in the pool with them! We spent a gorgeous Colorado day with Grandma Dodie at her pool during our stop-over in CO.

And while we spent the bulk of our trip having a great time in Utah – we have one single picture to prove it. Fire me! My only excuse is that we were just having too much fun to stop and pose for pictures. This is Grace and Eliza, Jared’s best friend’s daughter:

P1020038

I really can’t believe I don’t have pictures of the family reunion – the slide contest at Scera pool (of course we are talking about the grown men), the minute-to-win-it games at FHE, the too-short reunions with old friends, BYU bookstore shopping trip, tubing and wake boarding (attempts) at the lake. Our week in Utah was so fun.

P1020041On our way home, we stopped in Omaha to see our beloved Sister Jenkins who was finishing up her mission at the Trail Center. She gave us the VIP tour.

P1020050

On the road again with a prank for the sleeping passenger. 

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the pioneer picture, you looking serene and that brother or mine looking so tough and serious. I loved it.

I'm just like you when it comes to taking pictures. I'm just to busy in the moment to remember pictures. Some of those things you couldn't really catch on film anyway. We had so much fun with you guys.