Monday, July 11, 2011

wild ride

We accidentally drove past the Fireman’s Fair on opening night and what choice did we have but to return the next afternoon? I promised my sister Cori some pictures:

P1010899

P1010897  P1010901 

Notice the ominous looking clouds behind the tower? We still had tickets left! So we raced to the last ride and it started POURING right after Gwen and our cute cousin Ashlyn got buckled in the ride. My mom and I were huddled under one of the game tents and expected the girls to jump off and run to find us, but THEY STARTED THE RIDE!!!

P1010902

 P1010903

I don’t know if you can tell how hard it is raining but the girls said the guy running the ride just laughed and watched them get soaked! We girls made a mad dash to the van, while the boys braved the storm in search of cotton candy.

P1010906

P1010905

Dear Cori – I’m sorry I said the fair was too redneck for me last year when you were in town. And, I’m sorry I didn’t get any good pictures of the local “wildlife” to share. Let’s make it a date – first weekend in June, 2012?!

3 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That looks so great, especially the pouring rain.

CoRi dAwN said...

THANK YOU for the pictures!! It looks like you guys had a blast even in the rain. Wish I was there with you!!

Dixie said...

"wildlife". hahahaha.