Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Going Away Party

To ease the pain of moving and to bid farewell to all our friends I decided to throw a End of School / Going Away Party for us. It was SO much fun!!! Of course, I was busy chatting and handing out freeze pops and taking a turn down the giant slide (you know I did!) and so my pictures are lame, but the memories will live on for a long time around here. I am a terrible birthday party mom, but I think I might have redeemed myself. We set up a water gun battle station, a small bounce house for little guys, 3 baby pools, our tramp and the GIANT slide. I think the kids’ favorite part was getting to invite as many friends as they wanted.

P1010917

For about an hour this slide was FULL of 5-10 year old boys – at least 20 of them, pushing and screaming and laughing and squishing each other. Jared had to hang out at the bottom for a while to make sure no one got trampled.

P1010930

P1010928

One little girl arrived and stood on the deck, gazing at the back yard, and asked “Are you RICH?!” I just laughed, but I was thinking - not really, but I do have a credit card.

P1010919

P1010918

It was so worth it. I can’t think of a time I have had more fun watching my kids laugh and play with their friends. I felt like it was a fitting way to thank the many families that have befriended us over the past 3 years. 

P1010932

Sniff, sniff…

7 comments:

Christen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christen said...

(Sorry~The last one didn't post right!) Hahaha, you defiantly earned the title “BEST PARTY OF THE YEAR!” That party was AWESOME!!!!!!! We are so going to miss you guys!

jkmace said...

Looks like a blast!!! You are already an amazing mmom, but if you wanted to be even more...I know you areTHE BEST MoM NOW!!! You will be planning my next party!!! So excited to have you so close.

cam said...

WHAT FUN! I wish we could've been there. Good luck with the move. I'd love to see more pictures of the house.

Kimberli said...

Wow! I think you completely redeemed yourself for not being a birthday party mom. I should probably try something like this sometime. What a great way to say good-bye. I'm sure you will be missed. I can hardly wait to see you all in a few weeks.

CoRi dAwN said...

Man the Pelos know how to PaRtY!! Wish I were there. Love you.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You are rich...in friends. That looks like so much fun, coolest mom EVER!! Good job. I'm sure they will miss you like crazy.