Friday, November 12, 2010

A Picture Recap

The Richmond Children's Museum:

I wanted to stay in this shadow room and play and try to get some cool pictures, but no one would cooperate.

Driving the ambulance.

These little sticks were really fun. We spent a long time building with them.

Halloween:
Hermine Granger (I'm bummed I didn't take a picture of her on the night of the school carnival - we took the time to really give her frizzy hair and she looked so cute.)

Jedi Knights.

Our witches brew tradition lives on.


One day I will actually put some effort into grown-up costumes. This year I rummaged in the costume box and threw this on while the guests were literally walking in the door and my dad happened to have the leather get-up (came with a bike he recently bought). Our kids were just confused and kept asking who we were supposed to be. A nerd and a biker didn't impress.

Miss Smarty Pants:

And this is a terrible picture, but it is Gwen being recognized at last month's school board meeting for earning perfect 600's on her standardized tests last year. Of course, I hate those stupid tests and all they stand for, but I'm still proud of my girl. There were lots of kids recognized for getting a 600 on one or two sections but she was the only one in her school to get a perfect score on the whole thing.

And no post would be complete without some Grace pics:

Making all the kids laugh by sucking on her toes.

Enjoying a smoothie.

Josie needs a lick too.


9 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for posting photos. So cute. I think the nerd hooking up with the biker for Halloween is perfect. (Funny that in real like you two play the opposite role.)

carrie said...

Are you kidding me? A perfect score on all 4 tests? WHHHHHHHHHHAT?

Love the grown up costumes. Ours were so lame too.

Dixie said...

Your costumes turned out great!! And Ben was so impressed with Gwen he kept talking about it all evening. It is quite impressive.

cam said...

I loved this update MA! It was fun to see all the kids costumes and little Grace! Ahh, things change so quickly. Except for you and Jared, who haven't aged a bit.

Allen Family said...

Oh hello? A perfect score? That is so awesome! Please feel free to brag about stuff like that. That's really quite amazing. Also, oh the witch's brew tradish! I love that we were apart of that once. I still have your recipe and think every year that I'll do it...maybe next year! Really cute post. Grace is too cute. I love her big blue eyes. loves, Jes

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Well, we always knew Gwen was a smartypants. I'm guessing she got that from you.:)

At least your adult costumes weren't team jerseys. I hate those kind of cop-out costumes. Yours are actually pretty good.

Cutie Grace.

Kimberli said...

What adorable kids. I love seeing pictures of them. I think your costumes are great; who cares if your kids didn't think they were cool. My kids never ask me if I'm going to dress up because I never do. My kids would have thought you were awesome.

I know the standardized tests our dumb, but I have to say that is incredibly impressive to get a perfect score. It reminded me of when in fourth grade Sarah got a 12th grade reading level score on her reading evaluation. Her teacher was soooo impressed, but Sarah had told me she'd guessed on half of it. I just laughed. Sarah is a good reader, but I don't think the tests mean that much.

kto1s said...

Way to go Gwen! Seeing all your mugs makes me happy & miss you, all at the same time. Love you all...

Cannwin said...

I have a blog post you and your family might be interested in... it involves a certain missionary we both know. (one that gave me this address)

http://cannwin.blogspot.com/2010/12/to-bid-adieu.html

:)