Monday, May 17, 2010

Evidently a girl (this girl anyway) can’t garden AND blog. Seems that last post about the garden was a farewell of sorts, but I’ve not abandoned blogging completely. Although after not posting for some time, I did start to wonder about this blog a bit. Is it mostly for me to express my own personal thoughts & feelings? Or is it a tool to keep my extended family in touch with my family or a way to chronicle our life, like a digital scrapbook (although scrapbook is a bad word to me). I don’t know, I never came to a conclusion other than I don’t think very many deep thoughts to share – I mean, they come and go occasionally, but it is the go that is a problem. If they would only come back when I sit down to write. And the chronicling of our life just sounds sort of boring or braggy or potentially unrealistic. And with the exception of one family member (thanks Ben), no one seems to have noticed my absence. Oddly enough, after typing this earlier today I came across this post on another blog (total stranger) which is a good enough answer for me.

6 comments:

kto1s said...

MA--I just checked your blog this morning and wondered if you'd abandoned it! So glad you haven't.
But if I'm being honest, I'd much rather HEAR the deep thoughts at the park, or in our yards right here in Utah. {Wink, wink, nudge, nudge} ;)
I believe the Owens' family vote should count DOUBLE in the whole pros and cons list of where to land! Couldn't love you guys more!

Camilla said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this and for sharing that post. I have felt the same way recently. But I do like reading your blog and appreciate hearing the happenings.

sue said...

Hi MA! I understand very well what you mean about blogging, I feel much the same. Sometimes I neglect my blog for awhile, but what brings me back is that I do it for me. I love to get comments, but when it comes right down to it, I just use it for my (don't like the word scrapbook) organized place for pictures. :) But when it comes to YOUR blog, I love getting good ideas from you, seeing your kiddos getting bigger and just having a little piece of MA in my life! Altho I'd prefer a bigger piece... so I vote UTAH! And if Katie gets 2 votes then I do too!

Melin said...

if it means anything, I've been waiting for your return...

dixieandben said...

I'm cool. Keep blogging yo.

Jennifer said...

Wow, with this much Utah love how can you resist us. What? You love your parents and grandparents. They can come with.

I love your blog and am always waiting for a new post, but totally understand the breaks from time to time. I do the same.