Monday, May 17, 2010

Cling-On

Ryan close up

What to do? If I am out of his sight for more than a couple minutes we have to play “Mom-What” until I am located. When I walk upstairs, he asks me how long I’ll be staying. If I venture out to the mailbox or shed, I am likely to be met with a crying 5 year old upon my return. He even pulls himself away from a computer game to come “check on me” if I suddenly get too quiet in the other room. He cried (the hiccup cry) at preschool last week because “he wanted his mom”. He has always been tender hearted and cuddly, but this is new and not good. I try to be accommodating and reassuring, hoping it is just a phase but it is driving me a little crazy. Should I be worried? I’ve asked him if something happened while he was without me that scared him and he says no. It’s been a few weeks now and he doesn’t seem to be improving. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Melin said...

don't hate me for this, because I know how frustrating it can be to have a clin-on--but I just think he loves you and wants to be with you. I have one like this, and I just started to make a point of inviting him whenever I went anywhere, even in the house. It did help. I think it helped him feel like I needed him too--because I did.

Jennifer said...

Sweet boy. I'm sorry that you are so lovable and desirable. I have no advice, good luck.