Friday, February 26, 2010

Cousins

I recently spent a weekend in Williamsburg with almost all of my girls cousins and my Grandma Dudley. It was one of the best weekends ever. I loved reconnecting with these girls and spoiling our grandma. There is something about cousins. We grow up in different families, often in different states but there is an unmistakable connection. Genetics, shared childhood memories and a fierce love of our grandparents - for starters. And then maybe a shared love of pound cake, dance parties, and laughing. Thanks to Jami for the pictures. Love you girls - thanks for a fabulous time!


Grandma taught us how to make buttermilk biscuits

I can only get away with posting this one because I’m confident my grandma doesn’t read blogs. I think we all inherited a little attitude from her. 

                               
      Yum. Dr Pepper was a staple.

       Grandma taught us a line dance from "back in the day".

It got more than a little wild, and I know there are some videos out there…

2 comments:

jkmace said...

oh, too jealous!! looks like you had a good break and enjoyed a good time, good for you!!

sue said...

Awwww. What FUN!!!! Wow. What an absolutely ADORABLE grandma you have. I love it. You are so lucky to have time with her. Glad you could enjoy it.