Saturday, December 19, 2009

peace and quiet (and lonely)

It's the biggest storm in 10 years or more for Virginia and I'm snowed in - alone! Well, Grace is with me, and these two crazy dogs, so not totally alone. Jared will be stuck at the hospital until Monday morning - his 35 minute drive took 3 hours last night in the snow. He is sleeping in a hotel room today and tomorrow (working nights). He said the National Guard is picking up doctors who can't make it in. The kids had sleepovers planned to celebrate the Christmas break so Gwen is snowed in with my parents and the boys are snowed in with a favorite aunt & uncle in Charlottesville. And me - well, I'm wrapping presents and cleaning house and shoveling snow. The peace and quiet is nice, but I want to go play in the snow with my kids!

6 comments:

House Of P said...

What a strange feeling this must be! I'm a wee bit jealous that you'll get all your presents wrapped, but don't envy your aloneness. It took Keven and Tim 7 hours to get home last night and in the end they gave up on waiting on traffic and hoofed it.

Jennifer said...

That is crazy. I'm sure it will be over soon, right? Try to have fun as a single mom with your only child. Okay, that doesn't sound very fun. I'm sorry you are alone.

jkmace said...

wow! that is super crazy!! Josh was driving home from richmond, he left at 3:30 and arrived home at 9, got in an accident and had to wait for his cousin and dad to pick him up! It is scary out there...enjoy it while you can, but I know what you mean...they say it will stick around for a while! Thinking of you!

Melin said...

That is like a stay at home mother's fantasy. Snowed in, with only the baby. How did you swing that! Really that is the best... I hope another storm comes before they can get back!

Renae Pelo said...

Mychael-Ann, I hope you figure out a way to get your kids home soon. I know they would love to play in the snow with you. We talked about you when everyone came over tonight. We miss you. I hope Jared makes it home tomorrow, too. Sure love you.

Kimberli said...

A few years ago Harold was snowed in at home and the kids and I were snowed out of the valley in Rexburg. It was awful to be apart. Sometimes I worry that Harold and the kids will get snowed in at school. I think I would go crazy. There is nothing like the peace of knowing that everyone is safe and sound at home when there are storms.