Sunday, December 13, 2009

oops

Just in case you've done something stupid lately:

Last Thursday I had to help with a dinner at church, Gwen had a chorus concert at school and the stars aligned and Jared was home. I also was giving my dear 92 year old neighbor a ride to the dinner. I had tried to get things settled at home so that Jared's evening would not be too chaotic, but despite my best efforts it was crazy when it came to for me to leave. Grace was hungry and fussy, the boys were being loud and crazy, and dinner wasn't finished yet. So as I ran out the door and jumped in the van I said little prayer for Jared that things would calm down. I hate leaving when things are chaotic and I could tell he was a little stressed about taking everyone to the concert. I picked up my neighbor, we had a lovely drive to the church and then Jared called my cell.

"Um, did you know that you took the van?" Meaning he was at home with a 2 door hatchback Ford Focus, 4 kids, no carseats and a concert to get to...

oops.

Never to be defeated, Jared left Grace in the hands of Noah and Ryan while he drove Gwen to the concert (the school is just a few blocks away - still not sure that would have been MY first solution, but who am I to be giving suggestions at this point?) came back home and put Grace in the backpack and hiked to the school with the boys. Then they all walked home after the concert.

He was already laughing about it when I made it home.


6 comments:

Renae Pelo said...

Some times it is good to be gone long enough to laugh about it. He is a super dad though. I think you inspire him to be that way.

Jennifer said...

That's a great story. I'm glad he's so inventive with his solutions.

jkmace said...

That is an awesome story! but as you know we all have lots of stories like these, so it does make us feel a little better:) great seeing you yesterday, we wanted to hang around however, we found out the kids went to bed at 2am and didn't eat breakfast...so we headed back home:) let me know about christmas time:)

sue said...

Good man. Thats what guys are for. They love solving problems, its in their genes... Way to give him the chance to show you that he really is superman! :)

House Of P said...

LOL!! Sounds like something I would do.(take the van) Glad you could both laugh about it when you got home.

Melin said...

Good for him! You never know what two little boys are capable of until you have to use them!