Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby Blues



She is one today. Grace has been exactly what her name implies - a tender mercy sent to our family during a doozy of a year. She is the calm and peace that we've needed. She has a great smile (just 2 bottom teeth) and gives the sweetest snuggles. Recently she unrolls all the toilet paper and plays in the trash can. She is running and climbing steps and opening cabinets and making friends with the dogs (she fed Bella one of Gwen's socks yesterday). She just brought me an ornament from the tree - in case I thought she was really playing with toys in the front room. She may be spoiled rotten, but who could say no to those eyes? Evidently, not me.

Happy Birthday Gracie.

9 comments:

dixieandben said...

Happy birthday Gracie. What a beautiful little princess.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to Grace. I can't believe it's been a year. She is irresistible. You two crazy kids make beautiful babies.

Steve said...

She's a beauty. Happy birthday.

Camilla said...

That was me commenting, not Steve. Though I'm sure he'd say the same thing. :)

traske.melissa said...

yes it would be hard to say no to those beautiful blue eyes!! i hope you guys have a fun birthday celebration! miss ya

House Of P said...

I can't believe she's already one! Is it just me, or did that year fly by?! Happy Birthday Gracie, you're beautiful! Only six more months till you're in my class :) Can't wait!

Kimberli said...

She is such a sweet, darling baby. Grace really is the perfect name for here. She deserves to be spoiled and there's no rotten about it. I loved getting to know her a little when you were here. Happy Birthday!

Allen Family said...

oh! she is so stinkin cute! how can she be one? craziness! I love your family pix. totally adorable! So, J's sporting the goatee eh? like it. Lex often sports it as well...out of sheer exhaustion--15 extra minutes of sleep is totally worth the "rugged look"! loves, jes

Renae Pelo said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. I love Gracie's blue eyes. I remember how much we loved Jennifer's blue eyes. You two do make beautiful babies. I wish they wouldn't grow up so much too.