Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Birthday Report

onday was my best birthday yet. It was the big 30. It started off like every good b'day should, with breakfast in bed. Jared packed lunches and got everyone out the door for school. The weather was gorgeous and so he sent me on a nice long walk and then off to get a pedicure. Isn't he the greatest?! How did I get so lucky? I don't know. Jared headed to work but returned a few hours later with this:


Isn't it gorgeous?! Can you believe?! I couldn't. I am terrible on the piano, but I love it. And I have often told him so. He said he searched high and low and a lady at work mentioned that she had a piano she would be willing to sell. When Jared saw the pictures, he said he knew this was the one he wanted to buy me. So she figured out how much it was worth (and sold it to him for a 1/3 of that!) and it looks so fabulous in our old house. Again, isn't he the GREATEST?!

My day was so full of emails and phone calls and homemade cards and promises to "do ever thing you tell me to" and even a dear friend who drove 35 minutes to bring me a sweet card and chocolates. My parents watched our kids so we could go out to dinner and I just don't when I've had such a wonderful birthday.

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Happy birthday a bit late! That is a beautiful piano, and you are a lucky girl to have such a sweet, thoughtful husband!

sue said...

Aww. Glad to hear your birthday was so nice, MA. Jared is awesome. I'm so impressed. I can't believe you're only 30! haha I know that sounds rude, but I don't mean it like that, you are beautiful, you are just so WISE! How is it possible I've had 5 extra years on this earth than you and yet I've yet to figure out most of what you've mastered? Hmmm.... ♫Happy Happy Birthday♫!

Kimberli said...

I was thinking just this morning, "When is M-Ann's birthday? I'd like to do something for her this year." Well, I guess I missed it, but I'm so glad Jared and everyone else made it wonderful for you. I love the piano. It IS gorgeous!

cam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so sorry I missed it. I am glad others made up for it though. The piano is so beautiful. You deserve it. Send me an autographed CD of your beautiful piano playing!
Cami

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday. I just said to Kenneth tonight that I missed your birthday. Sorry about that, but I'm so glad it was wonderful. I love the new piano, it's gorgeous. I'm glad I raised your husband so well.

traske.melissa said...

what a lucky girl you are!! i am so impressed with jared and what a beautiful piano he picked out for you!

Melin said...

What a great husband and an awesome gift! happy birthday--=i hope all the happiness spills over for days and days.

Allen Family said...

ok, I'm dying at your piano! That is gorge! I bet it's stunning in your house! What a great birthday! I'm so excited for you. loves, jes

Josh and Mari said...

That is by far the prettiest piano I've ever seen. It is totally and completely my style and I am coveting as I type. They don't make them that pretty any more! You are sooo lucky. I wish I could see it in person. Maybe someday :)