Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scary

We were discussing Halloween recently and the kids were planning a haunted house. I quickly got cut since I "can't scare anyone". Then Noah piped up with "I don't know, she can get pretty ugly sometimes". So true.

One of those ugly moments happened just today. It was a no-shower day for me which means that by the afternoon hours I have a head of very greasy hair. And we had to go to the store - ALL of us. As luck would have it, I ran into a guy I haven't seen since high school. Lovely. Noah and Ryan decided to use the cart as a battering ram while old school chum tries to chat with me. Then they decide to climb on the side of the shopping cart - the same side which tips the cart, which I catch just in time (this was a very graceful lunge which may have included a grunt) but not before Grace falls sideways and bumps her head and screams. I could hear the guy thinking as he walked away, "yikes, that was SCARY". So, maybe I could be in the haunted house?

5 comments:

carrie said...

hahahahahahaha!

kto1s said...

I so love those days. They are my absolute favorite.

sue said...

You make me laugh MA. And you are MY hero. When I grow up I wish to be as good a mom as you.
And I've decided that posting my political opinions on my blog is prob. not the best idea. I'm afraid I've offended most everyone I know. haha Not cool. oooops.

Melin said...

Was there any tooting involved during the lunge? That would have been priceless...nothing like the kids to make you look your best!

Jennifer said...

Of course, it's never when we just had our hair done and are feeling fresh. It's always when we are scary.