Monday, September 21, 2009

Politics

I read a fair amount of news, typically politics interests me the most but I am no expert. In fact, I find myself constantly overwhelmed and confused by conflicting statistics and studies. I am all over the political map (if I were a State, I would be purple), with an "ideology" all my own. And I don't want to share it. This is what I want to share:

Policy needs to be critiqued, ideas challenged, motives questioned - but PEOPLE (yes, even politicians), they are children of God and deserve respect and kindness. Regardless of your party affiliation or the strength of your convictions, anger is never productive. It is dangerous. Be assertive, be courageous, be outspoken, but do not be angry. It is ugly and off-putting.

4 comments:

kto1s said...

Absolutely agree--I'm curious what got you thinking about this....

House Of P said...

I agree, 100%, thanks for sharing!

sue said...

Well said, MA.

Melin said...

Hey, I've been looking for a purple state, you can be the governor. I'll be a delegate.