Sunday, April 12, 2009

Today was one of those Sundays. My children were lucky to make it out of church alive. I did, in fact, pinch a couple of them, hard. I shouldn't have, it wasn't a very Christlike thing to do and on Easter. I'm not exactly sure what happened to the Pelos today at church. It was like the pew had some naugtiness on it and it seeped into all of us while we sat. Even sweet Grace was fidgety and fussy. It was a good thing that I was giving a neighbor a ride because about halfway through the service I was ready to call it a day, I would have left if it weren't for needing to get her home. I wish I could blame it on a sugar high, but we called the Easter Bunny a couple years back and requested he visit us a day early. Maybe it was the crash after yesterday's sugar high? I ran to the nursing mothers' lounge (I typed that "cursing mothers' lounge" the first time - a very fitting typo, no?) to feed Grace and get myself together. Grace and I both fell fast asleep and woke up just in time for the 3rd hour. There is no real point to sharing this story,  its just the confession of a grouchy, impatient mom who needed a little nap. 

8 comments:

Camilla said...

I confess, I'm a quiet reader. I check in to hear the fun stories and don't say anything but I just couldn't restrain myself this time. I don't know what happens but we have these days too. Its like everything in the universe is out to keep us from having a productive/happy Sabbath. You survived and that's an accomplishment in itself :)

Kimberli said...

It seems like my Sundays like that are on Mother's Day. That is always the day when my kids are being naughty and I'm being ornery. I'm glad you got a nap. Aren't you glad you get to escape there on days like that?

Jennifer said...

I love the mother's lounge. It saved me numerous times. I'm glad you have such a low number of mothers with babies so that you could sleep. That is nice.

dinie said...

Well, Mychael-Ann! No wonder you looked so well rested yesterday! It must have been those naughties that are reserved for church only ~ all of you were very well behaved at dinner! And to Kimberli...ditto on the Mother's Dsy comment!

jkmace said...

MA- Just proves you are a mom and makes me feel better, that you have those days also...we had one of those on sunday as well. My kids didn't really have an excuse. We waited Easter on Monday and family. Hang in there and just remember, in the end, it really is well worth it!!WE REALLY MUST GET TOGETHER AND QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT!

Melin said...

everything about this post is fabulous. because i'm picturing it like a movie-- the kids years from now, "Remember how mom pinched us that last Easter? Yeah, that was the WORST Easter ever!" And then there's the pan to you in the mother's lounge, your mouth is open and you're drulling, and Grace is slipping onto the floor asleep and the Bishop has to come in and wake you because the kids are running around crazy---I'm dying right now with all my add-ins. Thanks for the laugh!

Allen Family said...

Oh Sundays! Whoever branded Sunday the "Day of Rest" was not a mother of small children with a husband in residency! I swear Sundays are always crazy!!! I'm drained when I get home. In fact, I absolutely love Relief Society these days because it is the only hour break from kids in the week! Is that horrible? I figure it was called the "RELIEF" society for a number of reasons and maybe giving me relief from my kids is one of them? :) So, I was laughing my head off at your pinching confession, you are so real...it's one of the things I love most about you! Talking on the phone with you, made my whole week. Thanks so much! I wish you were...well, several states closer! :) love you, jes

jkmace said...

hey sent you a message via email. give me a call you have our number now...chat soon.