Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where is the money?

We shared this with some family and I felt worried afterward that they might think we are ungrateful. In fact, we feel so blessed to have Jared working right now when so many people are loosing their employment. We make ends meet and we are so grateful that I can stay home, etc...Still, this was too funny to keep to myself:

Gwen "Dad, you're not a REAL doctor" (notice this was not a question - Gwen doesn't ask questions, she just challenges)
Jared "Well, I'm still learning but I am a real doctor"
Mom "Yeah, if you got hurt and had to go to the ER, your dad would come in and say 'Hi. I'm Dr. Pelo...' and he would take care of you - stitch up your cut or give you medicine"
Ryan "But Dad, if you are a real doctor, where is the money?"

Kids pick up on EVERYTHING. It's not like we've sat our kids down and explained that one day we'll make more money than we do now. But then again, how often do we say " when you get a real job, we'll do... or go... or buy salmon..." 

4 comments:

Allen Family said...

Hey-- when you guys hit the money...let me know how that feels! I love that your kids are perceptive about finances like mine. Parker reminded me over the holidays that "Christmas is cheaper at Wal-Mart" and he's always asking if this or that is "on-sale". How does he know that we need things to be on sale these days? I thought your story was great. Speaking of finances I think Lex is going to try to get a hold of J, he has a question about an electronic purchase and we need some expert advice! Naturally, we're calling on the king of electronic purchases/deals. Hopefully you guys already own this item...or watch out, they'll both have each other talked right into it! loves, jes

carrie said...

hahahahahaha

kto1s said...

Seriously--I love Gwen. She is so funny!

Darcie said...

Cracks me up!!! I can't wait to have kids and funny stories like that!