Thursday, January 29, 2009

No more snow days - PLEASE

Tuesday was understandable (snow and wintry mix all day long, cold temps, icy roads), Wednesday was questionable (cold and rainy with some lingering ice and slush), today was RIDICULOUS (sunny and WARM - 40 degrees people). The roads were dry all day. They should have been at school, learning and playing and having fun with their friends. Not at home playing Mario Kart. One snow day is fun, we bake cookies and watch a movie, but 3?! I feel like I have lost an entire week of productivity. 

On another note, did anyone see The Biggest Loser the other night? When the 400 lb boy was "jogging" on the treadmill and stumbled and Jillian screamed at him to get up and keep running? Gwen is like my Jillian. I was riding my exercise bike today and was at the peak of my workout, climbing that last huge hill, when Gwen, who is rolling around on the living room floor says, "that looks pretty easy... I guess it is a little hard, but I could do that... why are you pedaling so slow..." I just stared at her and while gasping for air, said in a not so nice way "go upstairs". I bet that 400 lb boy really wanted to tell Jillian to get lost too. Sometimes being the mom has it's perks.

5 comments:

Allen Family said...

Oh my word, I just spent forever on your blog trying to catch up! Holy cow you guys have been busy with some big things. I just cannot believe for a second Gwenny is old enough to be baptized!?! Wow, ps-lex liked J's beard! And Grace...she is beyond beautiful. I love that you are finding time to just enjoy her...and riding an exercise bike to boot! That's impressive. Looks like things are going so well. How's J's schedule these days? Are things better now? Your pix were so cute. What stinkin cute kids! love you guys, jes

Jennifer said...

I agree. Unnecessary snow days drive me nuts. 3 days in a row is crazy time.

Gwen is hilarious.

carrie said...

hilarious. i can totally picture it.

Melin said...

you should have made Gwen get on the bike, and then yell at her...because thats quality parenting. Grace is a doll by the way.

dixieandben said...

Okay, so I just realized that you have been commenting on my blog. Yeah it took me two months to figure it out. You will be happy to know that I posted again! Anyways, good luck with the snow days. Wish we could have some of your nice weather.