Friday, December 19, 2008

She Lives

Wow. I feel human today for the first time in weeks and weeks and weeks. First it started with THE WORST head cold known to man. I rarely get sick and this one was so wicked. From clogged ears to hacking coughs - we are finally at the end. The school nurse can't call me anymore to tell me my kids are coughing (duh) because Christmas vacation begins today - yippee? What are we going to do for 2 weeks here in tiny Gordonsville? Oh, how we'd all love a day at the children's museum or to have some friends to hang out with.



So the cold that started around Thanksgiving is finally gone and it is ... Christmas - already? How on earth. Well, I guess part of my month was lost due to GRACIE.

World's cutest, sweetest baby. After being a week late (nasty trick for such a sweet girl) she arrived on December 7th. Everything went fine despite my crazy anxiety. I'm so grateful for Jared and his patience and reassurance and his mad labor coaching skills - he's totally in the wrong profession (something we say quite often around here) he really should have been a doula.



I was supposed to be in charge of the Relief Society Christmas dinner the Friday after Grace was born but thanks to her late arrival I had to turn it all over to my awesome committee who I can not thank enough. I am not one to easily relinquish control (I know, you're all shocked) and it was a humbling experience to be forced to accept the service of others.



When I thought I was ready to feel human again I spiked a crazy fever. 103.5 to be exact and had another anxiety attack over going to the doctor. I am terrified of visiting the doctor - I HATE it. A little ironic considering my husband's choice of profession. The only time I go to the doctor is when I'm pregnant. I struggle just being inside a hosptial (although the many hours I've hung out with my Dad in the hospital over the past few years have helped me be more normal about hosptials) but I still bargain with the doctors everytime I have a baby to let me go home asap. Anyway, I did go to the doctor who had no ideas about the fever. Luckily it went away after a couple days and now I think it's safe to say - I feel like a real person!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats you guys!! Gracie is beautiful! It sounds like you're getting the hang of things pretty well. How're the kids liking the new baby? I'm gonna need to see more pictures. :)

Marisa said...

Congratulations! She looks absolutely adorable. And such a sweet name--it just seems to fit with your other kids' names. I just finished the book club Christmas party last night, something I didn't think about when I took over for you last June. I think next year, I'll delegate that part of it to someone else! Since you got a December baby, I hope you will take it easy and have a nice, simple Christmas! Jake was born on the 17th, and that's what I did that year.

cam said...

MA, she is adorable! I am sorry you have been sick! We are thinking of you and loving you from afar!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry you were sick. That is the worst with a new baby. Usually a fever right after a baby equals breast infection so I'm glad it wasn't that.

She is gorgeous. I can't wait to see her in person.

kto1s said...

MA--love your posts. Makes me miss you and wish I could've just come and taken your kids for you! Wishing you a sweet Christmas w/ an extra hug from all of us...

carrie said...

she is just so darn adorable.
being sick and having a new baby at the same time should be illegal!

digbugsgirl said...

Congratulations! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Brandy

Becky said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!