Friday, November 7, 2008

Family Pictures

While we were in Utah for G'ma & G'pa Pelo's 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration (which was such a fun party, I didn't take any pictures. Hopefully, someone else did and I can do a post on it sometime soon) we took family pictures with the whole Pelo crew. We have never been able to afford to have family pics taken by a "real" photographer so I should have been really excited. I tried to be a good sport about it - until we got to view them online last week. Every time I scroll through them I waiver between laughter and tears. Don't get me wrong, he's a great photographer and the pics are beautiful - which is what makes me so sad! Some of you have requested a belly shot or two of my prego self. Well - here you go:

Our little fam

Grownups only

The big fam - You would think that with THIS many people in a picture - the belly could have easily been hidden... Oh, and the chick in the front row with the orange make-up & false eyelashes is a body double for a cousin on a mission - ballroom dancer or something? And no, that is not Jared standing behind me - he's waaaay over on the other side of the group.

Oh well, in the end it is mostly funny - except when you're pregnant and sort of teary.

9 comments:

cam said...

I love your family pictures! Jared looks so grown up with facial hair!! You look beautiful. I wish I could look that great when I am pregnant. I love the picture. Missing you...

kto1s said...

The real question is who makes an 8 month pregnant lady sit on the ground like that! I can vouch for how great you look. But I know it's never really fun to have it documented so professionally:)

Mallory said...

I'm SO glad you have a blog and I can keep up with you guys this way! :) I SO miss you guys, and everyone back there. I can't wait til Christmas. Love you guys!

carrie said...

you've got to be kidding me. you look GREAT. i can't believe it! you don't have the fat girl pregnant face at all! i had like 4 chins when I was prego. There is no bloating, nothing! I think you look wonderful...the picture of your immediately family is so cute!

jkmace said...

Well, I think your family looks so grown up!! I also was thinking who in the world would make her sit down on the ground like that, they I thought knowing MA, she probably didn't care anyway:) You always look great pregnant!Amazes me, doesn't matter if number 1 or number 4, you always look great. We HAVE TO GET TOGETHER!!! get me your number...please!

Jennifer said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady ever! I know it doesn't really help to hear, but someday you will look back on these pictures and think, "Dang, I look good!"

Ronda said...

I think the pictures look great. Noah, Gwen and especially Ryan look so grown up. We miss you!!!

meg said...

MA - Give it a few years and then you'll laugh. You do look beautiful in the pictures. I have always thought you are soooo pretty. And your belly is so tight and cute. meg

kseal said...

MA, you look FANTASTIC! I love the hair. My memory of it is stuck in short mode--I have to remind myself that it's been a long, long while since you wore it short. A body double? Are they going to photoshop the cousin in or something? Hmmm. Thanks for sharing the pics. I love and miss you, friend.