Monday, November 17, 2008

I learned the other day that what I do is called blog barf. I don't post for days and days and then I post 2 or 3 at once. I have a number of posts floating around in my head, but I think I'll combine them into a list of random thoughts instead:

For a confidence booster, post pictures of yourself and tell everyone you are pregnant and hormonal. Thanks for all the compliments. I still probably will not display any of the pics in a prominent spot in my home, but you sure made me feel good.

Jared thinks everyone should know about this new study. It's just bugging me that now instead of excuse me, he says things like "you don't have to thank me, but I may have just lowered your cholesterol." Sometimes I wonder...

Today my kids got a sick day. Noah vomited this morning, but I could tell he wasn't really sick. None the less, he got the day off and Gwen somehow coaxed me into letting her stay home too. I think they just needed the day to play at home together. They played playmobil people and dress-ups all day long.

My friend posted this on her blog recently and I can't stop thinking about how true it is and how I feel very much like this lately and also how much I like this friend:

Then this morning, as I was laying in bed, so uncomfortable in my 3rd trimester self, Mm's came in and snuggled up in my face, Bears snuggled up in the bend of my legs, d.d. wedged himself between Mms and I and little C came along for a snuggle under my arm I thought of something we read yesterday from the Velveteen Rabbit about becoming Real...

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

So I guess I should thank the kids for what they've done for my spirit. And worry less about what they've done to my boobs.

I was talking to my sister the other day (something I don't do often enough) and she said she doesn't read blogs at all - not even mine. She said they read too much like never-ending, braggy Christmas cards. She told me to blog about real things, so I've been thinking on that.

This sister does facebook and I do not and she was trying to sell me on the merits of facebook. It's one of those things like Harry Potter and the Twilight books that I just can't make myself do. I don't know why. Although, I *may* read Twilight this week so I can go to the movie with the very cool ladies in my ward who I am trying to get to know.

What I really want to do this week is HAVE A BABY but it isn't likely. I am 38 weeks now and Jared is threatening to spike my smoothies with castor oil. I have had a great pregnancy, but I'm all done being pregnant now. Why does it always happen that you feel this way 2 weeks too early?

We are having a moratorium on fun at house. Our kids are so ornery lately, plain spoiled rotten. On a recent outing someone was heard to say, "I'll ONLY eat at the pizza restaurant if I can get soda" and there is all manner of whining and grouchiness. We think it's a case of too much fun and too many treats. So we are reigning in the fun. Don't come over and try to bring any fun or any sugar (unless it's for me - we adults are staying up late and eating treats and have a grand time).



6 comments:

kto1s said...

Thanks for the vomitous blog hehee. I've actually been thinking about Melinda's post a lot lately--even thinking of asking her if I could use those thoughts in a RS lesson that I've got coming up. Aren't we so glad she's our friend!?!?

And we've been dealing with the same thing lately--fun spoiled indeed! Ashlyn was sulking on the way home from HSM3, which I surprised her with spur of the moment, mind you--because I didn't buy her a drink. WHAT?!? It seems to ebb and flow around here and since it's the month of Thanksgiving, we've taken this month to focus not on what we don't have, but what we have been blessed with. Well, how's that for a comment barf!

Marisa said...

Here's hoping you can get your baby here soon. Those last two weeks are always the most miserable!

I also can relate to kids who end up getting too much fun and treats and toys and then they expect it all the time. My kids are whiney and obnoxious lately. We're talking about thinning out their stuff and reigning in the privelages if they don't show some more appreciation for what they are blessed with.

Kimberli said...

Thanks for posting your friend's thoughts. I love that idea. Maybe I'm becoming Real too. I hope you get to have your baby really soon. Some days I wish I could have my baby and I still have two months.

Is having ornery kids a virus that is catching? My girls have been so cranky lately that I don't know what to do with them. I wish we could bring over some non-fun and they could play Gwen for awhile.

Jennifer said...

Great post. Cute pictures. I love the bit about the farts. I am totally going to use that now. J/K

I loved your friend's thoughts. So great.

2 weeks left is yucky. Just tell yourself you have 4 weeks left and then you'll be pleasantly surprised when you deliver 2 weeks early(on time). That should totally work.

Allen Family said...

I was happy to see your Goodreads comments about Twilight. Way to bite the bullet. It's totally worth it to get in with the cool ladies at church :) Good luck these next couple weeks. Can't wait to hear about...everything!

T. said...

oh there is no sweater Christmas then one with a brand new baby! I loved how small Matthew was over his first Christmas. It gave a whole new meaning to have a baby when thinking of the Saviors birth. Lots and lots of congrats!!!