Monday, October 6, 2008

I forgive you

Tonight while I was reading aloud to the kids, Ry found my scripture case and my stash of "Sunday mints." He tried to sneak one after I told him no and got sent to his room. When I came up to tuck him in he looked very triumphant and said, "Mom - I forgive you!" When I tried to explain how he was mixed up and he meant to say "I'm sorry" he refused to relent and stuck with "I forgive you."

I'm afraid he does have quite a lot to forgive me for, so I quit trying to persuade him and graciously accepted his forgiveness.

5 comments:

Allen Family said...

shoot-- I've had a couple of those moments with Park, where he insists on forgiving me for a punishment I gave him. Somehow, it always makes me feel guilty and thankful for his forgiveness, even if that wasn't point. I love your pantry shelves...mine would never look that organized....and I don't cook! well, it's 1:50am --a call night of course, I just noticed the time and I'm wanting to explain my crazy behavior. You understand right? On-call...it just keeps you up on this darn computer for all hours! loves, Jes

Jennifer said...

Forgiveness is a good skill to learn. So good job teaching him so well.

jkmace said...

I think it is all too precious! Take the moment make a little jar. I stick the quotes in the jar with the date and what was said...someday I will stick them in the scrapbook, but until then, they will not be forgotten. I love looking back and smiling at their innocence!!

swensen clan said...

Way to teach him!! That is a great story!

Sue said...

I just read this, MA. Thats too funny and quite ironic, right? Every kid and every mother have much to forgive each other for I suppose...