Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Amazement Sqaure

Last week the kids had a day off from school and we took a little field trip. I remembered about this children's museum in Lynchburg - Amazement Square - and it did not disappoint. Well worth the long drive.

Besides the slides and nets and ladders that span the 4 floors of the museum (for the kids to use instead of stairs), I think this is the coolest part of the museum - the paint box. Strip off the socks & shoes and a paint free for all (almost, the one rule is no painting other kids).

Gwen & Noah spent forever in the human body exhibit playing doctor.



I was making the coolest stained glass pictures, but my helpers would never cooperate and fill it up like I wanted. Maybe I need a trip to the museum alone sometime.

10 comments:

Ronda said...

MA, sounds like a great museum. Fun to see Noah and Gwen get a taste of operating and fixing up. Hope you are feeling good!!!

kto1s said...

Beautiful stained glass...Don't kids understand beauty and symmetry when they see it?!? I always have to bite my lip when we're dying Easter eggs and they make every egg the color of puce!

LOVE Amazement square and couldn't aree more that it's well worth the drive. Man--your making me miss VA!

jkmace said...

OH,SO LOVE IT THERE... EVERY TIME MY KIDS GO VISIT GRANDPARENTS, THEY THINK THEY SHOULD GET A TRIP TO AMAZEMENT SQUARE!

House Of P said...

Such a great place! Are they sure it's for kids? I had as much fun as the kids when we went.

traske.melissa said...

oh ma, i remember that place it is well worth the drive. i wish we could find a place like that here in ok...maybe i just need to drive and search!

Jennifer said...

That looks like a blast.

cam said...

I love that museum! It is the best I have ever been to. I enjoyed as much as the kids. Especially the painting room.

T. said...

Looks like soo much fun!

Allen Family said...

Oh that looks so fun! I totally want to try the paint room. And I'm sure my kids would love it too :) That is a great excursion! --Jes

Sue said...

MA - it was so great to see you but it really made me miss you. :( I'm COUNTING on you guys keeping the house and moving back to UT in 3. COUNTING on it. :)