Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Old Favorites

We've done a few things lately that bring back lots of memories of old friends. To most of you these won't mean anything, but some of you will remember...

  • Apple picking at Carter's Mountain (Okay, so they didn't have any apple donuts and it was too early for the cider to be ready - I was a bit disappointed, but I was there chaperoning Noah's class field trip. We have to go back soon with the whole fam because I forgot all about the walking trail there).
  • Hiking to White Oak Falls (We hope to do this one again in another week or two when the leaves should be perfect - and we'll remember our camera next time)
  • Friday's After Five (Christian's pizza, a little dancing to the live band and Arch's fro yo to top of the night, yum)
  • The Lollipop Shop (I missed the opening weekend. I don't think it would have been near as fun to sit on the sidewalk alone to wait for them to open the door anyway. But, I got a great deal on a crib set - 30% off day!)

7 comments:

jkmace said...

oh, the memories!!! Back in the days when we were young!! I can remember almost ALL of those. Email me about apple picking! We are also excited to go, let us know what Jared's calendar is like. The lollipop shop...all the money I saved! Wow! I still have alot of those things, and it wouldn't have been as much fun waiting by yourself. Fridays after five tons of laughs:) as far as the hike goes, let us know where it is, we love to hikw:)

carrie said...

it seriously sounds like you are living in a novel.

i'm so jealous!

traske.melissa said...

oh the good old days in cville! i have a smile on my face remembering sitting outside the lollypop shop waiting for the doors to open. i never went because i thought i was going to score a deal but more to just hangout with the girls.

kseal said...

No way! What great memories. Thanks for dusting those off for me. I'm going to run right now to look at photos of Hammy sitting in the pile of pumpkins when he was way too small to remember.

Golden memories, MA. Promise me you'll walk the Monticello trail this fall. You know, the one that starts at the bottom of the hill, passes a pond, and ends and TJeff's house. So beautiful in Oct.

cam said...

AAAHH you are killing me. Fall in Virginia is the best place on earth. If you will miss me for just a second as you do each of those things, I might feel a little better.

kto1s said...

Ohh, now you've gone and done it! Totally making me miss the golden days of autumn in c-ville. Hit the trail by Monticello and Skyline Drive for me, and then I've lived my vicarious Virginia fall through you. Thanks for the great memories!

kto1s said...

And PLEASE don't miss The Lawn on Halloween. Okay. Those are my requests for now...