Friday, August 22, 2008

And they're off...

I still don't know how I feel about school starting. The boredom and whining were about to push me over the edge, but now the house seems so quiet. I mean that relatively of course, since Ryan is still home and we all know about his broken volume settings.
Both kids were VERY excited for school to start and so far, so good. They've been making friends, learning new songs, climbing the rock wall at PE, and coming home absolutely exhausted and cranky as can be. Sounds like the first week of school, right?
2nd grader & Kindergartener

Noah got to start kindergarten minus a front tooth. He woke up last week complaining of a toothache (and of course I paid little attention to his complaints) until the following morning he woke up with a swollen lip. So we paid a visit to the dentist and there was a pocket of infection above the tooth (we are still in the no cavities club!) and he recommended it come out. Noah was very brave (until he tasted & saw blood) and he is the cutest snaggle tooth kid ever. Now, if we could just get that big sister to loose a couple more teeth...

4 comments:

jkmace said...

Wow, they are getting older! They look so happy! I hope Maggie is that anxious to go...a little frightened to start a new school! Fun Photos!

Jennifer said...

That is so exciting. I am sure they will do great. My kids were super tired after the first few days. Orion especially, since it was his first full day experience. Drama everywhere when he got home. Do they ride a bus, walk, or do you take them?

cam said...

They are so beautiful! I love Noah's smile. Can he be in kindergarten already? Yikes. We are getting old.

kto1s said...

And NO UNIFORM! I'll bet Gwen is tickled pink. I just will conveniently not tell Ashlyn! Hope Noah (and you) can survive all day kindergarten. still missing you...