Thursday, July 3, 2008

Positive Vibes


I need to accentuate the positive. Here goes....


Lightening bugs. They are everywhere here this year and I love it. I continue trying to convince my Utah raised children who are phobic of bugs to catch them and we've made some progress, but no one has actually caught one yet.


Grandparents galore. Thank goodness for grandparents who will sit down and play Scrabble, buy Happy Meals, swing in the hammock, gift passes to swimming pools, and love kids that are ornery without a schedule and parents who are preoccupied and stressed. Oh yeah, and did I mention how nice it is to have a place to live?


Blue Ridge Shores. Since my brother now lives at the lake we have access to the beach again. We love it. It's just as great as I remembered and we've spent many afternoons swimming out to the "big dock" and jumping in and pushing each other off.


Food. I am a very hungry person these days. I especially like how food randomly appears on the back porch of this house. Just the other day I found a head of cabbage the size of a basketball (seriously) and a huge package of pulled pork. Thanks whoever you are.


Another great thing about this house is the bathroom cabinet. It has everything you would ever need (okay I did have to go buy some preparation H, but only b/c the stuff I found was too high powered for a pregnant gal). There are probably 15 different lotions to sample, powders, cremes, pain pills, you name it.


Today when the auto parts store wasn't where it use to be, we just drove around town until we found the new location. All of 6 minutes.


Family. My Uncle David has shown up at our new house randomly to mow the grass, deliver a chipper and chain saw (do you think he's trying to tell us something?) and stayed one day to mulch a large pile of brush. Christina has come over 2 days in a row to help paint and play with the kids.


Email. I'm too tired and emotional to talk on the phone to anyone I miss in Utah, but I wouldn't make it without the occasional email from a friend.


Bedtime.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! Congrats on the pregnancy!!! :)

Your new house is so gorgeous - I miss living back east! Sounds like you guys are getting acclimated pretty well!

Jessi said...

MA--Ok, I totally need to email you but I jumped on your blog to get some details and pix! What? Your "fixer-upper" is gorgeous! I love it! I was prepared to see something much, much worse. It is awesome, and the shot of the inside didn't look bad at all. I'm sure the rest of the inside will be beautiful with your plans. I think that sounds fun, I hope it is. I miss you, I really miss you. I did lunch at the park with a resident wife today...fun, but so not the same. I need someone a little more...? real? for lack of a better word. It made me miss you, and count my blessings that I had you through med school. I'll email you. Your blog sounds happy...? I hope you guys are loving it out there and that J's sched is ok. Miss you!

Jennifer said...

Good girl. Way to focus on the positive. You are very blessed and things are going to work out perfectly and you will have a great house when it's finished and life will very quickly settle into normal and so, I'm glad you are enjoying the adventure while it lasts:-).

swensen clan said...

Sounds like you are doing great! We miss you here in UT!

Taryn said...

So now that you and Jami have blogs I had to learn how to leave a comment! First of all, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your home! I can't wait to see it. I am so happy that you are back in VA let alone in G'ville! Second, I don't remember where in your blog that it said you were pregnant. Congratulations. When are you due? I am having another girl in August! Well...your blog is great and it makes me feel that much closer to family when I read it so thanks!

M-Ann said...

And how come I didn't know you are pregnant?! Congrats. I'm due in November. I'm glad you read my blog. Maybe by the time you make it to VA next our house will be all finished. Take care. Love, MA

tricksyk@hotmail.com said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! That is wonderful! Loved the thankful blog. I need to remember all the good things in life more often.