Thursday, March 27, 2008

Get a Job

Tonight in the car Noah asked, "Mom what is your favorite thing to do?"
To which I replied, "Be a mom."
Noah - "But, what do you want to do when you grow up?"
Me - "How about be a grandma?"
Noah - "No. I mean like work. Like go to work."
Me - "Hmmm. Maybe a librarian or a teacher?"
Noah - "No! I mean you have to learn a lot of stuff and it's hard. How about a doctor?"
Me - "Nah, I think doctor stuff is gross."
Noah - Exasperated, turns the conversation to Jared. "Dad you are gonna be a emergency doctor, huh? Not like a regular doctor who gives shots, aren't you Dad? And when there's an emergency you're gonna cut people's stomachs open and then put them back, huh Dad?"

3 comments:

carrie said...

ha ha ha ha ha

Jennifer said...

I love that Noah. I'm glad you are documenting his words. He says the funniest things. He would be perfect for that show, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." Thanks for having Orion overnight. He had a great time and thinks you guys make great meals.

T said...

Don't you love the conversations you have with your children. I am always amazed at their thought process. I love keeping updated on you through your blog!
T